Commercial Auto or Truck Insurance   


CALL TOLL FREE 1-800-707-4690 (9 AM TO 5 PM PST)


  • GET A QUOTE: Call Toll Free (800) 707-4690

    How to get the lowest insurance rates on Commercial Auto and Commercial Truck Insurance (without sacrifycing coverage.

    There are thousands of articles on Internet which tell you how to cut your insurance premium by lowering coverage and increasing deductible. Basically they are telling you, "you get what you pay for." However, the reality is that most clients do not get what they pay for. Reason is that the clients fail to provide sufficient information or documents to qualifiry for discounts. Please read and see how easy it is to have the correct rating and premium for your commercial insurance policy.

    1. Have a copy of your current commercial auto insurance policy. Insurance companies offer a big discount for continus insurance even if it is by another insurance company. If you do not provide that document, you will lose from 5% to 15% discount.

    2. Contact your current Commercial Insurance and ask for a copy of Loss Run (They may call it Loss History). This is a must have, otherwise, many insurance companies stop offering quotes for you. If not provided, you will lose another 10% to 20% of discount.

    3. Provide a copy of your Business General Liability insurance. This is a 10% discount.

    4. Make sure the drivers do not have tickets or accidents on their driving record. DUI on any driver's record will hurt your business financially. A few insurance companies do not even offer a quote for someone with DUI. So you must make sure to get a copy of driving records for new driviers and keep an eye on their driving activities.

    5. Download a safety commercial truck manual from Internet and distribute to your drivers. This is a small discount.

    6. Have reguilar maintenance of your vehicles and keep the records; this is another small discount.

    7. Ask if the agent/broker charge a broker fee.

    And then call us. We have the top Insurance Companies for Commercial Auto coverage. Call UsToll Free 1 (800) 707-4690

    The Company Information, The Driver(s) information, The Vehicle Information; if you have a copy of your current decklaration page, fax it to us at: (310) 385-0886

    Sun Insurance and Financial Associates is a premier provider of all types of commercial and personal insurance services. We are offering all types of commercial insurance plans relevant for every small and large business. Commercial Auto Insurance is an important part of our Commercial Insurance plans. We understand all the important automobile insurance needs of commercial organizations and present our most beneficial schemes to provide maximum possible coverage.

    Business auto liability insurance is an important safeguard for your business. If you or an employee is sued following a serious accident, liability insurance protects your company’s assets.
    Business auto liability is required in most states

    Business auto liability insurance covers the financial responsibility if you or an employee is at fault in an accident and people are injured or property is damaged. A minimum amount of liability insurance (or proof of financial responsibility) is required in most states. Some states also require underinsured motorist and uninsured motorist coverage to protect you when the other driver at fault is unable to pay the total cost. Collision or comprehensive insurance is often optional.

    Is minimum commercial auto liability coverage enough?

    Minimum required coverage varies by state, and typically is the same for both personal and commercial auto liability policies. Many companies opt for coverage above the minimal levels required by many states. The reason? If an injured party chooses to sue for a larger amount than is covered by a minimal policy, it could seriously threaten many small businesses.

    Protect all of your assets with business auto liability insurance

    There are no clear rules for determining how much business auto liability insurance you need. Nationwide requires at least $100,000 commercial auto liability coverage per vehicle, with a recommended minimum of $500,000 up to a maximum of $1 million.

    For higher coverage, a business umbrella policy is another option. It picks up where your business auto liability, general business liability or other liability coverage stops. Umbrella insurance is an inexpensive way to provide extra coverage against bodily injury and/or property damage.

    For example, if your current commercial liability policy covers you for $1 million and you are successfully sued for $1.5 million, your business umbrella coverage can pay the outstanding $500,000. This can be a far better option than having it come out of your business profits.

    Review the Enhanced Commercial Auto Coverages

    What We Cover
    How You Will Benefit
    Lease Gap Coverage
    Many other insurers charge extra for this valuable protection. But as long as you elect our physical damage option, The Hartford can pay the outstanding balance of a lease–if your car is totaled in an accident and the remaining lease exceeds the car's actual cash value.
    Additional Temporary Transportation Expense
    The Hartford's commercial auto policy includes coverage for transportation expenses you have to incur if your private passenger car is stolen, such as the cost of renting a vehicle or using public transportation.
    Broadened Coverage for Extra Expense
    If you elect comprehensive coverage on your commercial auto policy, The Hartford can pay any extra expenses involved in returning an insured automobile that has been stolen and recovered.
    Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability
    If your business is held liable for someone's injury or property damage, The Hartford's policy would help protect you against financial loss.
    Glass Repair
    Unlike other insurers, The Hartford's commercial auto policy will waive the deductible if you have damaged glass repaired instead of replaced.
    Hired Auto and Non-Owned Auto
    The Hartford covers damages you are legally required to pay due to bodily injury or property damage that occurs during the use, loading or unloading of hired or non-owned vehicles used for your business.
    Liability Coverage for Business Use of Your Employees' Cars
    If your employees use their own cars for company business, you can rest easier knowing you've added this optional protection to your Hartford commercial auto policy. Then, if your employees were involved in an accident while using their own vehicles for company business, you can be protected if someone sued you for the resulting damage or injury.
    Medical Payments for You or Your Passengers
    If you choose to purchase this coverage and are in an accident or struck by another vehicle, The Hartford's commercial auto policy can pay medical expenses for you (if you are not covered by workers' compensation) as well as passengers in your vehicle.
    Physical Damage (Collision)
    If your Hartford commercial auto policy includes coverage for collisions, you will be when your vehicle is physically damaged in an accident involving another vehicle or a stationary object, such as a building, telephone pole, or guardrail.
    Liability Coverage for Accidents Involving Your Company-Owned Cars
    This coverage helps protect you when someone else claims you (or someone driving your covered car) are legally liable for either bodily injury or property damage. The Hartford extends your commercial auto liability protection to employees who may be sued by other employees because of an accident.
    Physical Damage (Comprehensive)
    If you elect The Hartford's comprehensive coverage on your commercial auto policy, it can help pay for physical damage to your insured autos caused by a variety of risks, including fire, lightning, theft, vandalism, hail and flood.
    Sound Receiving and Reproducing Equipment
    Coverage is included for permanently installed electronic equipment designed solely for the reproduction or transmission of audio, visual, or data signals.
    Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
    The Hartford's uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage protects you in case you are injured in an accident caused by the negligent operation of an uninsured auto or by a hit-and-run motorist. It also protects you in case you are injured by someone who has less liability coverage than you.
    Commercial Heavy Truck Insurance

    Truck insurance is specifically designed to protect heavy vehicles. With Liability Insurance options ranging from minimum limits up to $1 million combined single limit (CSL), there’s a commercial car insurance policy that’s just right for your vehicle.

    Common vehicle types covered under our truck insurance include:

    Box trucks
    Dump trucks
    Flatbed trucks
    Express delivery trucks
    Refrigerated trucks
    Tanker trucks
    And many more
    Commercial car insurance can insure more than just your trucks, such as light duty pickup trucks, cars, vans and SUVs.

    New Business Insurance

    A new business is any business that’s just getting started, whether it’s still in the planning stages or you’re still in your first year of operations. Progressive offers a range of commercial auto insurance products designed to meet the specific needs of new ventures.

    Seasonal Business Vehicle Insurance

    A seasonal business is any business that operates only during specific times of the year, such as during specific months or for an entire season. Seasonal businesses can be trucking or small businesses.

    Examples of seasonal businesses that might need commercial car insurance include:

    Ice cream trucks
    Fishing charters
    Tax consultants

    Why Commercial Auto Insurance?

    In modern fast and competitive business environments, many organizations need vehicles for smooth business operations. Company employees drive these vehicles. In case of accidents or other possible damages to your vehicles or the person driving that vehicle, a commercial auto insurance policy covers the liability and physical damage both related to company owned vehicles.

    It's a mandatory law for every commercial vehicle owner to purchase a commercial auto insurance policy with a minimum amount of liability defined by the state. All states have different minimum coverage limits for the damage of injury caused by an accident.

    Selection of Most Beneficial Auto Insurance Policy

    You have several options to choose from Auto Insurance policies. However, the selection of right auto insurance policy depends upon two different aspects, like:

    1. Selection of vehicles – Whether you want coverage for all company owned vehicles; all owned, hired and leased vehicles; or all vehicles including those not owned, hired, or leased by company, but used for business purposes.
    2. Physical damage coverage (collision, comprehensive, and specified perils)

    Business Auto Insurance: This coverage can provide drivers (qualified staff) and auto (s) with vital protection against injury, loss or damage to vehicles or cargo, plus damage to other property as well as potentially devastating liability costs resulting from an accident involving vehicles and its passengers. Coverage’s include:

    Physical Damage Collision: Protects the organization in the event a business vehicle is damaged in an accident, either with another vehicle or any stationary object, such as a utility pole, a brick wall, or a building.

    Physical Damage Comprehensive: Protects the organization in the event of damages to a business vehicle which were not caused by collision. Some examples are: vandalism, fire, theft, or hail.

    Uninsured or Underinsured Property Damage: Protects the organization for damages to a business auto caused by the negligent acts of a driver who has no insurance or not enough property damage coverage.

    Uninsured or Underinsured Liability: Protects the organization in case of bodily injury in an accident caused by a negligent driver with no liability insurance or less liability than the policyholder.

    Lease Gap Coverage: Provides the organization with coverage for leased vehicles that are scheduled on the policy. If the leased vehicle is completely destroyed in an accident, this coverage will pay the remaining balance on the lease if it is more than the actual cash value of the leased vehicle.

    Is Your Business Vehicle Insured on Your Personal Auto Policy?

    If any vehicle is used regularly in the operation of a business whether you are transporting students, picking up school supplies, going to a residence or business for the purpose of selling a product or providing a service you are driving a commercial vehicle. It might me a privately owned Lexus, a Dodge Ram pickup, or an Econoline Van, it is a commercial vehicle. You may have had your "business" vehicle insured on your personal auto policy for years and everything has been just fine, but what do you think would happen if you were involved in an accident while you were hauling 45 sheets of plywood? Once your personal auto insurance company determines that your vehicle was being used for business purposes at the time of the accident, you could have some very serious problems. It could go as far as having your claim denied, a standard question on all personal auto insurance applications is - "Do you use this vehicle for business purposes?".

    Commercial Umbrella Insurance: For added protection against large tort liability, umbrella policy forms are uniform to the primary coverage eliminating potential gaps in coverage. Umbrella insurance is designed to protect organizations against those multi-million dollar losses no company ever wants to have. Once a school operation is protected by the basic types of insurance coverages (like commercial auto and commercial package policies), organizations should consider an umbrella policy for extended coverage. An umbrella policy is available in increments of $1,000,000. and would provide additional coverage once the limits of the underlying policies have been exhausted.

    Read this brochure for more information


    Commercial Auto News and Coverage


  • GET A QUOTE: Call Toll Free (800) 707-4690